You may be a seasoned veteran jigsaw puzzler and, if you are, these tips may be nonsense. However, if you’re just starting out as a puzzle enthusiast, here are some main tips and or points to consider when starting your jigsaw puzzle journey.
- Flip all pieces facing up – Yes we know this may be obvious to some, however, to confirm, doing this makes it so you’re working with the whole puzzle the entire time. Also, flipping the pieces will make the next steps faster.
- Find all the edge pieces – Making your edge border gives you a defined space to work inside of. Of course, this strategy only works for standard jigsaw puzzles that do have edges. Yes, some don’t have edges.
- Sort all pieces by colour – Doing this will help you recognise sections and areas of the puzzle that are similar to each other. For most puzzles, this part will be pretty easy because you can tell the difference between shades of areas of the puzzle by what colour you see on the pieces.
- Special pieces – Some pieces will be part of some really individualistic parts of the puzzle, where maybe text is, or a different colour from the overall colour scheme and it’s only in one spot. Keep those pieces separate and build on them as you can.
- Work on small sections at a time – Instead of trying to work on the entire puzzle all at once, which would be so overbearing and daunting, work on small areas so you’re accomplishing sections. This helps keep you motivated too.